Friday, May 22, 2009

Doorway

Here's an interesting doorway at the top of Pleasant Street. But for the most part, forget about doors, in life, windows are the thing! Growing up, I loved watching all the old Laurel and Hardy 'shorts'. Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy were genius at their craft. I've always remembered a line from one of their longer movies though. "Your eyes are the windows to your soul". As I remember it, the punch line to the comic scene involved one of the boys closing the eyes of a subject(while saying this line), and the other venturing to 'lift' something out of his jacket pocket. Always funny! I'm smiling, as I type those very words this morning. Quite simple, yet quite philosophical, I think.
*Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend! Dogs and burgers are the thing!
http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/

2 comments:

  1. Love this shot, birdman. Would we be as tickled by Laurel and Hardy now as we were in our green youth?

    ReplyDelete