Saturday, August 15, 2009

Fairy Houses

"When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about. And that was the beginning of fairies." Tinkerbell

Fairy houses? What's that all about, you say? I wanted to visit Mackworth Island for a couple of reasons. One being I had heard the fairy house population had grown since I last visited. I saw a lot, 75 or so, but I'd say there are many more hidden away throughout the trees. Some children were busily constructing their 'fairy mansions', as I made my way around to view all the magical creations. Based on my observations, they are small and intricate, mostly built close to the ground, made of natural materials(sticks, bark, seaweed and shells, moss, leaves, rocks etc.), and some almost hidden away from the eye. This is about all I know or EVER want to know about these magical entities. Oh, and one last thing, Tinkerbell taught me one thing in life-- Never mess with fairies!
Enjoy the weekend... going to be HOT here!

http://www.fairyhouses.com/home.html





1 comment:

  1. They are hard to photograph well, aren't they? They just blend in so beautifully. Like the fairies.

    ReplyDelete