Tuesday, January 10, 2012

White Wheelbarrow

"So much depends upon..."
No, I'm not going there. I say let William Carlos Williams and his wonderful poems rest in peace. For a brief moment in time, an overnight snowfall left the rocks and Mom's old, rusted wheelbarrow with a 'new life'. It's pretty beat up but serves it purpose in our flower gardens most summer days. In winter, it doubles transporting wood to the back door. Mom would be pleased. It's winter in Maine, and when the cold sets in, I become a homebody. I was thinking yesterday. Why would I want to venture far from this beautiful home these days. I've got plenty of wood stacked up, two good books going at the same time, a bit of football on the telly, if I need a diversion, and Elenka's amazing culinary dishes, and company. Oh, and all of my blog friends out there in the blogosphere to touch base with daily. All this seems to fill my day nicely. I'm a happy man.
"So much depends upon..." on all these things.

18 comments:

  1. You are blessed; what a pleasure to read, to know.


    Aloha from Waikiki
    Comfort Spiral

    > < } } ( ° >

    ReplyDelete
  2. les travaux sont remis a plus tard pour cause de neige...;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are OK with the winter. It's getting a little colder over at my place as well. I took a bike ride yesterday when it was -8C,a bit too cold really for that sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. all you need is the ability to live in the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a dream...would love to trade places with ya.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post Birdman, you're a lucky man! Most of the time I feel the same. The bit about your Mum's wheelbarrow made me smile, my Mum had one too, just a smallish one that she could manage, but she used it in the garden for everything,it was old and rusty and unfortunately is now no more, I have many things to remind me of Mum, but that was a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you are set for the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wood, food, good books, and blogging friends...one would not need much more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds perfect! sounds a lot like my day yesterday, although mine was filled with rain (hurray!) but still had a fire, and 4 big dogs to keep me company!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi There, A new fallen snow is so pretty---and makes everything look new, clean and peaceful... Unfortunately, we don't get much snow down here... I'm sure I'd get tired of it if we had ALOT... BUT-this year, we truly haven't had much winter PERIOD....

    Enjoy your day!
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a good attitude, Birdman. Being content with what you have is important.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much depends
    upon

    Birdman's wheel
    barrow

    white with snow
    fall

    beside the wood
    pile.

    Well. Some say that each 2-line stanza of the original WCW poem is *shaped* like a wheelbarrow. Well, sort of. You probably knew that already.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel the same about winter. I love to hang out at home during the cold weather. Right next to the wood stove with my books.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're at peace with the world. Hibernate comfortably until the first daffodils pop.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Winter does seem to beckon us stay inside -- our cocoon -- and in spring we stand like a butterfly completing our metamorphosis -- ready to fly again. -- barbara

    ReplyDelete