Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Love, Family, Magic

Ya, I know Lady Gaga visited Portland yesterday afternoon, but the highlight of the day for me was the return of Dinnie, my sister. She brought another of her beautiful daughters along for a first time visit to the city. It was only my second time meeting Dinnie, but it really seems like I've known her forever! Here's my post from our first meeting:
September 21, 2009-
"To say that yesterday was a 'life altering day' for me would not be close to an overstatement. Mom always told me that certain events in life are 'worth the wait', and I'd readily agree with that. It's not often that one gets to mid-life with a close, loving family and suddenly have it grow by one. Lucky us! Throughout the day, the most frequently asked question of me was "Are you nervous?" My reply was always "No, I'm excited." I really was and still am. I thought it was especially poignant, that after meeting at a local hotel, we proceeded to the Fort Allen Park for photos at the bandstand. My 'new' sister, D-, grew up in a home nearby, actually where the Portland House now stands on Eastern Promenade. A wonderful family of four is now five, with lots more nieces and nephews in the wings. How can you beat a last day of summer that brought such an marvelous occurrence."
Dinner at Fore Street topped off a fabulous evening filled with love, family and magical moments.

12 comments:

  1. Adorable moment!Glad that you enjoy your dinner with your lovely sister and family.It's wonderful!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  2. You captured a nice moment and framed it well. Enjoy her visit and getting to know the rest of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lady Gaga would be the highlight of my day, but as everyone before me has said, A very special moment for you! Hope out enjoyed it!!
    -AM

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, it was magical. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lady Gaga or your sister? No competition. Not that I know the story -- doesn't matter, you communicate the warmth and joy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elenka summed it up simply and perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet story! Reunions are always nice.

    ReplyDelete