Friday, August 23, 2013

Lifeline

Throw me a lifeline, will ya? Everybody needs one from time to time. And I don't just mean those contestants on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire". There is warm feeling of satisfaction when a loved one or a colleague at work comes to your rescue and bails you out of a difficult situation. I seem to get myself into these predicaments often these days. I'm lucky, because I've built a pretty reliable support system nearby, ready to come to my aid. For one thing, technology can be a pretty frustrating venue in many of our lives. I, for one, seem to be able to travel just so far down that highway until you'll hear me utter these words, "Regis, I think I'll use a lifeline. I want to phone a friend."

10 comments:

  1. Got yourself in trouble again, heh? I'd never do anything like that! Hah! Lifelines are good. Necessary. I've got one or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully we all have our support systems. When we need help there should be friends and family there to lend a hand to keep us afloat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What would we do without our support systems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We would be lost without a network of support!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know the feeling. I have just hade my mobile phone back from repair ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, Birdman, confess. What did you do now?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is nice to have people you can call on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the sound of a human voice (under any circumstancess) is preferable to an email.

    ReplyDelete