Saturday, September 15, 2012

Lost George

George is missing! There's a kitty on the loose, and this ain't no fun. I've posted for lost cats before around our country town. I've walked through the back woods for hours, looking for Wiz and White Sox to name just two. I've jumped in my truck and trolled the neighborhood looking for any traces or sound of our felines. Missing or ill pets near the end of their run with us provide not a happy time. Whether it's a pet goldfish taking a trip to meet the ty- d-bol man, a family hamster meeting its maker with the help of the family pooch or an untimely accident on a nearby road, saying goodbye is never easy. The ultimate downside of a rambunctious, loving puppy or kitty is the adult knowledge that someday, it'll be time to part ways. My remedy? I try to put these thoughts out of my mind and enjoy every day with them in my lap. City, outdoor cats live short lives for the most part, but I do hope George finds his way back to his owners. He looks to be a cutie. Purr!

13 comments:

  1. I think that it's amazing that we animal lovers continue to go through these heart wrenching end-of-life cycles with our pets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pet-parenting is tough as the losses come too early, even if they live to a ripe old age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very hard to lose a pet. I'm hoping George shows up at his door soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Devastating is the word for it! I hope George comes home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lost my kitty to old age last year and I still haven't been able to get another one! I hope George is found.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like George isn't coming home. The poster is pretty old and worn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's a bit of black humor in this post, along with some philosophy. I bet cats are recovered much less often than dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, the feelings run deep...Did you find Wiz & White Sox & the others?

    ReplyDelete
  9. George will definitely find his way home Birdman, I can't bear to think otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope he is safe and back home!!

    ReplyDelete