Thursday, February 13, 2014

Winter Shadows

When it comes to shooting my city, here's my MO.
I just kind of liked this bit of color down at East End Beach, and the shadows added to the intrigue. I took this picture about a week ago.  On this blog, some days I try to picture the city with recognizable images, like the photo of steeple of the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception yesterday. However on others I post photos that I like, pieces of the city that grab my eye. Most not recognizable at all, unless, for example, you might own or use these skiffs during the summer. I follow rules. Most days, I post a single shot. Another rule, my rule, that I try to follow is that I don't post collections of photos taken together on consecutive days. Most weeks, I'm pretty good at that. My thinking is that I could never capture every single piece, so I shoot lots of different location photos. A different particle of the jigsaw puzzle that is Portland.
When I head into the city, I always have one of my cameras.
However, I love Sundays. 
Most 'rest days' I'm shooting.
That's how I do it.
Work the magic!
hahahaha!

15 comments:

  1. Go with the flow. Or the color. Of what move you. Listen to your heart. Don't let anyone tell you what to do or what's right for you. I like your pictures even when I don't understand them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Lowell's advice but I doubt that you need it.
    This photos is a bit perplexing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vibrant colour in this shot Birdman.. my rule is that.. there are no rules :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your style very much and I love the bright colors in this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. and i am almost always a 'series' poster.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your MO seems to work very well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is great to just go for a walk with a camera and find what draws the eye. Sometimes I have something in mind to photograph, but often not. Bright colors this time of year are rare, so you did great with today's post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photo colors are nice -- rather patriotic -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  9. We all run our blogs differently, don't we? I don't know what my MO is. Just that it is different from yours. Differences are what make the world go 'round.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got it. Never leave home without a camera. I don't do well with rules, though. Lots of problems with authority since I went to Jesuit schools.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your MO. When is the Candyland competition?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colors and the shadows - you choose intriguing snippets . . .

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is magical! I, too, like winter shadows.

    ReplyDelete