Thursday, May 3, 2012

Shadow Escape

Last Sunday morning was one bright, sunny dawn. It was yellow on yellow, at least here on Free Street. Usually, I don't appreciate a painted brick wall, but this one works. When I came upon this wall, it reminded me of that moment in the Wizard of Oz when the film changes from black and white to color. Pow! Very nice! Get the camera! I will also pass along, at this time, that no poppies were involved in the taking of this photo. I'll be looking at this shot a lot all day today. Another rainy spring outing here in southern Maine today.

12 comments:

  1. Is that a fire escape or a metal walkway that makes those wonderful shadows? ...esp visible after I maxed the photo. My eye caught the colorful window shade below and the potted plants above too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful light and shadow here, birdman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tres belles ombres de ce "fire escape", cela me rappelle NYC ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the connection between your photo and the change from b & w to color in The Wizard of Oz. I'd forgotten that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You caught some nice shadows in the shot too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shot and narrative.
    Costas

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one looks soooo good when you pull it in close Birdman, excellent capture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When it's raining, to see a yellow wall bring you back to good mood, especially with some flowers at the windows!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yellow brick building on the yellow brick road?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rain? It's supposed to be that April showers brings May flowers! Maybe the rain is a bit late this year. Hang in there. The sun will shine again!

    ReplyDelete