Thursday, September 13, 2012

Watchdog

Above bOnObO, the wood fire pizza place, this white phantom dog keeps watch over the corner, probably hours before her owners stir. It's a Sunday, about 7:30 AM, and she's probably wondering where everybody is. "Why no traffic? Why no humans moving back and forth below?" She continues, "Hey, I'm worried about my life in dog years. I'm getting too old for this. I need some action, Jackson!" Now, below. We've been here for a meal before. Everybody talks about it. Yada, yada, yada. Gotta try bonobo. Everybody's got to go to bonobo. Great pizza at bonobo. We weren't too impressed. After all, it's just pizza! It was a bit pricey too for bread and tomato sauce. What did we have? Can't remember. It was forgettable! The best part of this picture? The dog! She was not forgettable. Bow Wow!

17 comments:

  1. As I am not a pizza fan myself, I would agree that the best part of the photo is the dog at the window.
    Costas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wood fire pizza, I am sure I am missing this way of pizza making !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your post and I have had some meals at places people rave about, but that I don't like. Wood fire pizza is best...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a confession to make. Phoenix is the home of Pizzeria Bianco the supposed number one pizza place in the country. If you want to get a pizza there, expect a wait up to two hours long!! I recently had some out of town company and we headed there early to avoid a long wait and ordered a couple of pizzas. The food is good but, is it worth all the hype? Not in my book. Sorry Bon Appetit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that poor dog gets assaulted with pizza aromas all day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever idea for a watch dog. Maybe someone could market wood dogs for home use. -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. So worth while pulling this shot in closer to see the expression on this little cutie's face! Well spotted Birdman!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love pizza and went to the most hyped pizza place in the city - wasn't impressed. Hardly anything on it - tomato sauce, a few sprigs of basil, and a few cheese shavings! The place was full of the 'right' people though. Another case of the emperor's clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice catch. I like the name of the pizza place too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pizza is one of those things that people have strong opinions about. I like Jimmy's, a completely nondescript hole-in-the-wall with thick crust pizza. It is a dive, but it is my dive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If the pizza is not spectacular the name is striking. I love the pup and I bet he could tell some stories!

    Bises,
    Genie

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is a great post birdman

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love pizza I don't want anyone taking my pizza!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The dog is cute :) and Nice picture BirdMan :)
    -Calah

    ReplyDelete
  15. cool dog. would be a good watch dog

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Birdman this is a pretty awesome story I really liked it

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love you picture birdman you have an eye for details.

    ReplyDelete