Thursday, October 24, 2013

Two Guys

It was about 5 PM. I stopped by Starbucks for a grande for the ride back. The parking lot was pretty much deserted. I had just left the Portland Museum of Art and was taking a short cut to my car, parked on a side street. The afternoon shadows were doing their thing, when I caught these two guys passing on the sidewalk. They'll probably never come this close together again, like two ships passing on a calm sea at night. I stopped for a few staples at Hannafords, arrived home and popped a pizza in the over for J- and me. So, that was my afternoon and early evening. See, sometimes left to my own devices, I can stay away from trouble.
Safe and sound. No issues.
Ah... but I am wondering what these two guys did that afternoon and into the night.
As  you can see, right now, I don't have a lot on my plate.

15 comments:

  1. "Nothing on your plate??" Well, you must have polished off the pizza . . . clean plate club. The blue railings really stand out in the photo, and it feels very "horizontal."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of "two ships" passing !How many ships of this kind do we meet in life? And through blogging?... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I am lovin' all of these lines and colors and wondering myownself about their days. I get a kick out of taking photos as people pass each other, when I'm lucky enough to be quick enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The horizontal graphic nature of your photo is a real grabber. The two guys give it a human touch. Who knows, they might have been brothers-in-law. Doesn't matter, still a strong photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The guy on the left is on his way to Staples for staples; the one on the right is going to Office Depot for staples. And you need to find something to do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you didn't burn your pizza like I did the other day. Apparently my oven is a lot hotter than the temperature dial leads me to believe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They were probably heading somewhere to watch the ball game!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I find it is amazing that folks still walk somewhere when most of the population has given up on doing so -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, you have a writer's mind . . . what's their story? Itch to write it . . .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your doings about town just made me homesick...Sounds like a lovely afternoon & evening...and there you were, in Portland, the third ship...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quite a balanced photo. Pizza, Starbucks, a camera, and some alone time....perfection.

    ReplyDelete