Thursday, October 17, 2013

Face Time

Faces are interesting accessories to our bodies. They render us quite unique. Growing up my freckles always drove me crazy. I'd look in the mirror and contemplate ways that I might rid them. These days they seem to have faded away a bit, and I've gotten use to the those little fellers sprinkled around my body. Now, in 1974 I added a mustache to my look, and I've carried it ever since. It had been presented in many different variations. Small, long and droopy, fu manchu-ish. I've worn them all. These mornings it's quite long and bushy. I've even taken to adding a little wax to the look. I hear the National Hockey League has designated the month of November as 'Movember' this year to raise money and awareness for men's cancer. Here at work, I hear the guys are going to be growing mustaches for this good cause, but what do I do?
I've got it!
I'll grow a soul patch!
Now, that's some face time that I've never worn.
Some will roll their eyes, but hey, I just say: FACE it!

15 comments:

  1. Please be sure to get a picture of that soul patch before the end of November. I wish we could see it.
    Such pretty faces you've posted here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am gone for 2 days and you're going to grow a soul patch????

    What's a soul patch anyway? Doesn't sound good....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is a soul patch? PS. Slowly feeling better but not there yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the mosaic! And like the others, I'd like to know what a soul patch is too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Because millions want to know--- soul patch= the area just below the bottom lip, in sort of a triangle. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i vote for sideburns. really let it out...

    ReplyDelete
  7. After you grow your soul patch, are you going to continue to wear your paper bag? Inquiring minds want to know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is this your first Movember Birdman? We've been doing it here for years, well not me personally :)) a 'soulpatch' nooooooo! Don't do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm one of the few members of the community who has met you. My advice is to leave well enough alone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I find that a face is a handy thing to have. At least the top half is . . .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Special all these mosaics with the faces.

    Greetings,
    Filip

    ReplyDelete
  12. why not consider a beard? they've worked wonders for the red sox.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice mural with all the cheerful faces, I like it a lot!
    God bless you!
    Cezar

    ReplyDelete