Thursday, October 31, 2013

Creepytime


Happy All Hallows Eve! 
My good pal Moe is a master cutter!
He's never seen a ginormous gourd that he hasn't dreamed about 'attacking' with his carving tools. He usually gets the leftovers that master growers don't take to competition at state fairs. If they don't head to big shows at the Cumberland or Fryeburg Fairs, then they usually end up in the back of Moe's pickup. These are no little suckers either. Most of them weigh somewhere in the vicinity north of 400- 600+ pounds. As you might imagine, getting them up to the pick-up bed is a project, that either takes a hoist or 5-6 able body friends. LL Bean paid $500 bucks for this one, that he cut up at the Camp Sunshine Pumpkin Fest.

He says, "You really can't make a mistake. If you miss a cut, you just take the face in another direction."

Doing a carving like this takes 'Guts'!

"Happy Trolls" to everyone out there today!

http://www.mauriceaugerartist.com/harvestpumpkins.html

Hey! How 'bout them SOX!  Hey Dad, the Red Sox won it all again. I'm sure you saw it!

13 comments:

  1. Whoa, it seems like pumpkin carving has had an explosion of creativity the last few years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey nice post meh, You are one of the best writers I've seen of recent. I love your style of blogging here. this post reminds me of an equally interesting post that I read some time ago on Daniel Uyi's blog: Friend Zoned Guy .
    keep up the good work friend. I will be back to read more of your posts.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. really, really awesome! what a talented fellow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing pumpkin carving, perfect photo for Halloween. Congratulations to the Red Sox.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one creepy looking pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incredible carving!
    My good friend who is no longer with us is up there cheering away for the SoX too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is some talented carving . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just can't imagine pumpkins that big. In Florida, Halloween is barely celebrated. I think my own master carving days are behind me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to admit it is really scary.

    Greetings,
    Filip

    ReplyDelete
  10. Colossal! (yes, I COULD make a mistake...)

    ReplyDelete