Saturday, September 27, 2014

Travelog 1

Guess!
So where have I been the past week? I bought books. My sister took me to Powell Books where I purchased a couple of titles that I've had my eye on over the last month or so. I do enjoy all the Paul Theroux travel books. I'm halfway through The Last Train to Zona Verde and enjoying it immensely. I also picked up The John Lennon Letters. It's a thick, hardcover collection of notes, letters and postcards that gives more insight into the man. Got it for $15 bucks. What a deal!
So where did I venture?
Any guesses?
Here's a BIG hint. 
We live approximately 3,191 miles apart.

12 comments:

  1. no idea, but it sounds like you're a happy man. :)

    as for the horse leg, here in the country, some folks don't bury large animals. they just drag the carcasses to the edge of their property and let the coyotes scavenge. my dogs have brought back 4 steer legs and finally the hide in a week's time. they've 'gifted' me with cow, horse, mule, goat, coyote/dog heads or skulls numerous times and various animal parts and bones in varying degrees of devouring and decomp. yup, life in the country...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read many books of Paul Theroux and now I am going to look for The Last Train to Zona Verde. Thanks for the advice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't venture a guess, Birdman, but I will say that I'm happy you made your finds at Powell's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Were you in the "other" Portland?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recall some mention of the west coast, if I'm not mistaken.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Powell's Books...dead giveaway. And Stumptown coffee the other day...Discovering the one on the left coast, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess I'll go with Portland (west coast version) too. I flew to Chicago today. What an ordeal that turned out to be but, at least I made it. Some who tried yesterday didn't and can't find a way to get here for the wedding tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the cover of the Lennon book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Powell Books is a good experience! I, too, like Theroux, esp when he is at his irascible best! Saw him read years ago at The Hungry Mind in St. Paul, a place that is no longer, but what a great independent bookstore!! We need more of them instead of Amazon.

    ReplyDelete