Thursday, October 15, 2015

Elenka

Celebrating birthdays.
Justin Hayward yesterday?
Elenka today?
Coincidence?
Connected?
Well, somewhat.
Justin Hayward is the lead singer of the Moody Blues. A favorite band of ours that we've seen quite a few times. His birthday was yesterday. Elenka's is TODAY! Before 'our Justin' was born we were struggling a bit with names. We had made a list of names, of course, but weren't really set with any.  Early in that July of '86, Elenka and I were lazing around one morning watching the TODAY Show, and the Moody Blues were on. Someone was interviewing Hayward and on the couch Elenka and I both turned to each other, smiled and mouthed 'Justin'. We didn't know it at the time, but our son's name was set. Is it a coincidence that Justin the singer and Elenka the artist are back to back like this with their birthdays? I think I know. What do you think?

Today, I wish my best bud and darling best friend a very special Happy Birthday. We'll spend the day together, as we usually do, and celebrate this evening at MK Kitchen.
Much love to the most incredible person I've ever met.
You have no idea.
*Elenka is the big sister on the right here.

29 comments:

  1. Great and heartwarming post, greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...thanks Birdman. Love you, too! xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's lovely Birdman.. happy birthday Elenka..
    P.s. it was a choice of Paul (McCartney) or David (Essex) for my son, he looked more like a David :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's lovely Birdman.. happy birthday Elenka..
    P.s. it was a choice of Paul (McCartney) or David (Essex) for my son, he looked more like a David :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Elenka! I love the childhood photo and I'm a fan of The Moody Blues too! But, I've only seen them live once.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is wonderful to have childhood photos preserved for family history. Elenka, what a lovely child!! May both of you enjoy this birthday celebration together today/tonight and many more years!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Elenka. I used to listen to that band back in the 1980s.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Elenka! I loved the Moody Blues in the day too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WIsh you a most Happy Birthday, Elenka. It's your day, rock on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "You have no idea." I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful picture! Happy Birthday to your sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. so very sweet. happy birthday to your very precious lady.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday to your soulmate!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday, Elenka. I hope you are enjoying your new freedom as a first year retiree.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet! Happy birthday, Elenka. Sounds like you had a good one planned.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's just sweet.

    We now have a daughter and two granddaughters with birthdays from August 20 to 30. I guess we should consult an astrologer.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday to your special person!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad that Elenka's birthday was nice one, and that the dinner was awesome! I'm thankful that E. is my wonderful SIL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happiest of Birthdays Ellen! Sending big Texas love to you from J and I <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. Must be the month, it's my better halfs day on the 24th. Can't seem to get her to take over the lead in the age thing.......

    ReplyDelete
  21. We will give you some steps to fix the PayPal error subtitles not working. And if you ever have a problem with your Paypal error, you can contact Bellen PayPal Klantenservice customer service. Skip the solutions and call PayPal customer service for troubleshooting. They can fix your Paypal video through online remote login support.Bellen PayPal Klantenservice

    ReplyDelete