Monday, March 23, 2009

Facade

On our Maine license plate, it reads Vacationland. There has always been plenty of healthy debate about that slogan among us natives. In this lingering tough economy, even the Maine Tourist Department is touting, instead of vacations out of state, that residents consider 'stay-cations' within our state this year, taking a clue from our out-of-state friends. With that in mind, these days motels and hotels up and down Rt 1 are all busy sprucing up, outside and in and readying for the upcoming tourist season. Now, I got a kick out of the front of this house. Apparently, even these Rt 1 bird condos are at the ready! The Vacancy signs are out in force!

10 comments:

  1. Love your entry today, both the photo and the text.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an attractive decoration! I love those bird condos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree fully with the first two commenters, who beat me to it! I like the photo and the place a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, eye-catching colors. I like that the bird condos are all different designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute and colorful. How many birds have checked in, I wonder...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like they are trying to attract an Easter crowd with those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this look! Almost looks like a page out of a nursery rhyme book!
    It reminds me of Storybook Village in Jackson, New Hampshire!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the bird condos are spectacular. the entire color and detail of this photo is superb. this would make a nice postcard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the facade. They look so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. me again...been having a great scroll backwards through your blog and love all your great photos...

    this is great...love the colours...and of course.... it's birdies again! I love them too....

    ReplyDelete