Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ice Shack

Happy Groundhog Day!
Here on Sebago Lake is the Smith's home away from home during the frozen days of January and February. I wish I could solve the riddle of the lure of fishing... covered with mosquitoes in May is one thing, but really I have no real interest in sitting on a frozen lake or pond in the middle of a Maine winter and doing something called ice fishing. I guess I just don't understand it. Never will! For me, one of the unsolved mysteries of the universe.

9 comments:

  1. cool image Birdman. i cannot imagine ever going ice fishing. Brrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous shot. Just love it. Like you tho, I wouldn't want to be out here on a cold cold day. No way! Superb image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really captured the chill of life in an ice-shanty, Birdman. This is a great shot. We live just around the corner from an ice-shanty village and I'm frequently down there photographing and observing. Sorry, I can't offer any insight into why these folks are so crazy about spending hour upon hour sitting out on the ice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooo pretty. I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look how you caught the texture of the ice in the reflection! I remember these shacks well, and skating on the lake---but often the surface was "ruined" for skating by a snowstorm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a nice picture! It is a mystery to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful reflection!
    Great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a very strange image with an excellent reflection. I don't know much about ice fishing, but I think it is beyond me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have yet to see ice fishing in Maine but I've only been here about 6 months and this is my first winter.

    ReplyDelete