Thursday, May 14, 2015

New Home

The newest addition to my birdhouse menagerie is this white number swinging up back. Unlike others sprinkled around the garden, this one's simply a gray-white. It's hanging from one of our outbuildings that houses the rototiller, a push mower and other assorted, seasonal junk. I usually add one of two 'new homes' each spring to take the place of those that have seen better days or have simply fallen apart due to the elements. You see some of my houses are permanently attached to trees. They never come down. I have one that is about 20 feet up a tree and has survived about 15 years. How you say? Well, I bent an old license plate (tag) over the top, and this does a super job sheltering it from the elements. Don't ask me why, but I nailed about 5 old wristwatches, without straps, to the front. It's a pretty unique look.
It's for the birds.
Time flies!

22 comments:

  1. this is pretty but now i want to see a pic of the watch house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any bird would be proud to have their very own White House!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty in white. Is it for the squirrels too, haha?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy, we have to "watch" you all the "time." Methinks you've been barking up the wrong tree, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i use old license plates for roofs on my 'rustic cabins' for the birds, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you've got a lot of these hanging about!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you have trouble with squirrels getting into them?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dandy housing for the birds. Good idea to keep the little bug eaters around.
    Now we have to see the 'watch' house.
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  9. Time flies....for sure!
    I had to go look at the seal for your city just to check that bird out! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect for the bird with minimalist taste! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've felt that way about laptops sometimes, but never wristwatches. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bird houses are fun. For the past several years I've been building birdhouses. They are easy woodworking projects. Give most of them away to family and friends. Your comment about watches and time flying was funny. Enjoy your feathered friends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dali would approve!

    ( '>
    /))
    //""

    ALOHA from Honolulu,
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you should show us a photo of the birdhouse with the wristwatches on it. I think that sounds pretty cool, Birdman!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to see that wristwatch birdhouse too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I also want to see the wristwatch birdhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a nice one, not too big, not too flashy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this white birdhouse against the red building. New residence for some lucky boids. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Perfect view from up there:)

    ReplyDelete