Monday, February 16, 2009

Book Sale

Where ya gonna put 'em? That was E's retort, when she saw the books on my return from the Portland Public Library's annual Book Sale yesterday afternoon. I quite enjoy taking in this event each year, and at 50 cents per hardcover what a deal! No first editions here, but still... want to know what I lugged home to the bookshelf? How about a collection of Sherlock Holmes' tales, a copy of London's Sea Wolf, Tom Swift and his Sky Train, a Paul Theroux novel, My Secret History, and a W. Somerset Maugham biography. Just a few things to, maybe, keep me out of trouble this week.

2 comments:

  1. What a great assortment of treasures. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your camera loves rich reds and dazzling golds! I've noticed. Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete