Sunday, February 15, 2009

Birch Trees

These trees are just so soothing when you come across a patch of them, lonely in the woods. I try not to ever burn white birch-- woodstove, fireplace, or campfire. I think it's a sin.







from Birches

By Robert Frost
...Earth's the right place for love:
I don't know where it's likely to go better.
I'd like to go by climbing a birch tree,
And climb black branches up a snow-white trunk
Toward heaven, till the tree could bear no more,
But dipped its top and set me down again.
That would be good both going and coming back.
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches.

2 comments:

  1. I always want to write poems on the flaked off pieces of birch bark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i absolutely love birch trees. Thanks for posting. And thanks for visiting my city slicker site!

    ReplyDelete