Sunday, February 22, 2009

Studio B

Recently, I spent part of a sunny afternoon in a friend's studio. When the sun is streaming through her big bank of windows, it's an extremely comfortable place to spend some time talking, reading, thinking or painting. I've always been intrigued by the painter. I'm lucky in many ways-- my orbit of friends is not large, but it is filled with creative minds. This helps bring me peace in turbulent times.

"The job of the artist is to always deepen the mystery." Francis Bacon

2 comments:

  1. "...deepen the mystery."? this sticks in my craw or resonates- I can't figure out which-
    I Love This Pic- thanks again, referring all queries about bon to this pic- she'll probably have to kill you- or I will. nice- this daily blog thing is working- for me this is really the revolution the web has created- f__k capitalism- u and me and everything we do, exposed- many would say, over exposed, twitter, twitter... well, and thank god for it, not everything should or will be exposed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great light in the studio. The art work looks very interesting. I think we should all have a bright quiet place to sit for awhile and read or think.

    ReplyDelete