Saturday, February 14, 2009

Love is the Drug

Well, the Valentines' Day bandit has struck. Every year, in the wee hours of the morning, he/she moves through the city peppering thousands of downtown shop windows with tiny red hearts. As I walked Congress Street this morning, I couldn't find a storefront that was spared. And how is this 'hanging' accomplished? This building is the Portland Museum of Art. It always gets 'hit' with a big one. Here's wishing a special V-Day greeting to my lovely valentine E-. Thirty-four wonderful years and counting!

3 comments:

  1. Awww, Happy Valentine's Day to my sweetie of sweeties. I love you. E

    ReplyDelete
  2. WEll this turned out to be surprise. In our town, Brookville, Ohio, a local Realtor has, for years, stuck a small flag in front of each house in the small city -- a little over 5,000 homes. I can't imagine doing that but they must have a crew that does it each year. It is an absolutely stunning thing to see. Your valentine message and photo was a reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Valentine Bandit was active in the early 80s when I lived in Portland too.

    ReplyDelete