Friday, June 3, 2011

Point Warehouse

Took a trip recently down memory lane. Come on along for the ride. When I was 12, I made the baseball All Star team for Little League 3. In the Playoffs, we won our first game in fine fashion, no problems. Game two was a different matter altogether. The game was played on the Thompson's Point field, a field notorious for more rocks then grass. The filed itself was situated on an outgrowth of land sticking out into the Fore River. I had always wanted to play a game here along the river. You probably know the ending. We ventured into the game a bit cocky from our first win and got our butts kicked and good. Why this image today? This warehouse sits on the site of that field. It's the first time I have gone back to this area since that final out. Where once there were fly balls to be caught, now there are only commercial jetliners in the air approaching their landings. End of story!

14 comments:

  1. That warehouse has lots of character and apparently a long history!
    Artsy snap, Birdman! Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the warehouse may not be in use right now. Yes, the wood is still lovely under the broken window.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's gorgeous composition rhythm and color. No barrel distortion at all. Really has a painterly quality. It's one of your best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The world has changed a lot since the days when you played baseball. The broken windows are sad but the I love the pattrn the wood makes below the windows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too sad, call it progress, but it is sad anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Life goes on, sad story but beautiful textures in the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a beautiful shot and a beautiful memory.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That wood is gorgeous! It's hard to go back sometimes isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought that you were going to tell us about that window getting broken during a ball game but the field is gone!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice story of little league baseball. I like the picture. Nice lines, color, and texture.

    As for my picture today...I can guess what you were thinking and couldn't say, because I was probably thinking the same thing as you. She is a looker!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is a nice composition, Birdman. I have forgotten all the games I lost. I just remember the wins.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The color in this shot is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very well composed shot and great colours!

    ReplyDelete