Friday, June 7, 2013

Yellow Dory

Near Stroudwater Village coming into the city, I came across this boat leaning against a fence. When I was in college, 'Son of Sor' (a very good friend. Don't ask) came to Maine for a visit, and I took him to the Atlantic Ocean for the first time in his life. He lived in Western New York and truly had never tipped a toe in the ocean. Having lived in close proximity to the water, I thought this rather strange. On the other hand, I've lived near the water, not on the water most of my life. I've never owned a canoe or any type of boat for that matter, and I have no problem with this. I sleep well at night too. When I'm on the water, I want to be aboard a BIG boat, preferably one with many lifeboats. 
Bon voyage!

8 comments:

  1. I was at an advanced age when I first poked my toe in the ocean. When I did, I was hooked. We are headed back this fall for a visit and some chowda. Love the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always moving to see someone discovering the sea for the first time; Especially "some years" ago, when pictures, tv and interenet were not so used. It gave us a new eye, a re-discovery of our own environement. i've always been living near the sea, and I really miss it when I'm far away..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have missed something :-)
    Delicious colours and composition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that makes perfect sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That really is a nice composition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't even imagine living more than five minutes away from the ocean Birdman, the air is so clear and fresh...but the deep water scares me to death..go figure :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live out here in the PNW surrounded by water and have never owned a boat either much less spent much time in one. I do like the water though and enjoy my time there just on floating aboard some contraption. MB

    ReplyDelete