Friday, November 1, 2013

Theme Day: Heights


How 'bout them Sox?
Well, if it's the first of the month, then it must be Theme Day across the citydailyphotoblog (cdpb) community.
Where do I go with Heights? Until last night, I had a few possibilities, with most of them centering around looking up to the tops of buildings.  But at 11:22 PM last night, everything changed. For the better, I might add. The Boston Red Sox defeated the St. Louis Cardinals 6-1 in the sixth game of the 2013 World Series and took the baseball classic 4 games to 2. Amazing, all through my formative years the team always seemed to be at the bottom of the pile. Nights in my stifling, hot bedroom I'd listen to them suffer through 9 innings and lose, lose, lose. I got used to it. I never expected them, in my lifetime, to win anything. But in 2004 all that changed. It happened again in 2007 and now again this October. 
What's happening here? 
Three championships in the last 10 years? 
Dynasty?
I don't want to be greedy, but this is feeling is quite WONDERFUL!
Reaching new HEIGHTS today!
My Red Sox are 2013 World Series Champs!
Yippppppeeee! 

20 comments:

  1. congrats to your sox and super entry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the Red Sox have risen to new HEIGHTS! Happy Theme Day and have a great week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Don't you worry....... 'bout a thing.......cuz.............everything's.......gonna be alright!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard about this. Something about people wearing red sox winning something. Sounds kinda crazy to me. And biased! I mean, really, what about people wearing green sox or brown sox or blue sox or just plain black sox.. Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice Birdman! Red Sox lovers are walking on air.

    ReplyDelete
  6. guess you've found your own heights

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations. Since I am a Cubs fan I know a few things about being a gracious loser. Hey, it's all good, it's baseball !

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're talking Mandarin to me but I like your take on the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought there for a minute you were talking about the Washington Nationals. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Red Sox showed some power in dispatching the Cardinals. Know just how you feel about your team losing as I'm a Cubs fan. They never win, especially with the Cardinals. BTW, my fermentation vat shots were taken at Granite City Brewery. They make a fine porter. Show up and I'll buy you one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the red sox are so awesome.

    ps. thanks for your comment on my blog. my fingers are crossed, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All right, enough already. Remember, what goes up must come down.

    But congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting contribution to the theme day. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Celebrating to the full, I see. Don't blame you :).

    ReplyDelete
  15. In the old days, "Red Sox fan" was always just part of the longer phrase, "long-suffering Red Sox fan." It was exciting to see them win this year, leading pretty much all the way. Dynasty? I think that goes too far. Let's just savor this one. Next year is a brand new year.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ha! Brilliant take on the theme Birdman..not so sure Bob will think so :))))

    ReplyDelete