Saturday, March 22, 2014

Lil' Bit

Little bit of everything this morning. Yes, there's still snow, but a March rain and the color green, coming through this screened window, keeps me believing. Took this shot out a back window at work yesterday. I'm looking into a Shakespearean garden with crab apple trees, scattered birdhouses and loads of flowering plants come June. I'll miss this little respite, when I pack it in. When the papers are piling up, the meetings are running me ragged and the hum of the building has me seeking 'an island', it's nice to be able to break through and enter this 'little world' for 20 minutes or so. The smells of June and birds swirling around me building nests make for fine company away from the craziness. Soon it's back to reality, but those idle moments seem to rejuvenate the spirit.
Can I ask for anything more?

*on the 'March Madness' front--- the world has stopped spinning recklessly. It's reality, baby. Young Elenka tumbled to 5-11 for her second day. Making her two day numbers read 16-16. My science went 10-6, for a combined 22-11. Not great, but it'll get me some braggin' rights today.
I hope!

12 comments:

  1. I can see the green and understand your feelings about getting away from the rat race for a time. Life is way too short not to take advantage of every opportunity to enjoy the blessings of Mother Nature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lowell certainly is philosophical this morning, and I agree with him.!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have surprisingly had a "green" winter - but now it is snowing ...
    Enjoy the green while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to see a little thawing going on in your area. Some of the Canadian bloggers are still showing lots of snow piled up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will come, but for some of us sooner rather than later. Come on down and warm up Bird!
    V

    ReplyDelete
  6. It might be July before we see serious warmth. This morning we were having snow that obscured everything beyond two blocks away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice shot. Hope the thaw is a quick one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How pleasant to have your own window to a Shakespearean garden. -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know the green must be a welcome sight. It's nice you have this place to go and take a break at work. Before I retired, I would sometimes go to the top floor of my building and just sit in front of a window to relieve the stress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with the March Madness! We had snow last night but it melted today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. St. Louis U got its butt kicked by Louisville so my interest is done. My visual outlet if the view from my office. Waiting for the Mississippi to rise.

    ReplyDelete