Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Just Walking

An early morning walk before most residents are up and at 'em often results in some interesting sights. For us, it was breakfast at Becky's on Commercial Street and then a short trip up the Hill. Parked the car near the Observatory and went for a frigid stroll. Saw trees across Congress with hundreds of birds eating berries, abandoned bikes stuck to tire tops in ice and snow, dogs on sidewalks, while owners enjoyed coffee at tables in neat shops, the back side of the Cathedral viewed behind a giant snowbank, and a few diehards having a smoke outside the a local laundry. Finally, my fingers were freezing; it was time to quit for a while. Here is the last shot of the morning-- just when you’re ready to quit, something catches the eye.

3 comments:

  1. This is good- reminds me of me, me and you, and you. xclnt pics- this one, the stacked wood, etc...
    1 a day? go.
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. LBJ I feel your walk! What a great picture with the shadow of the tree. It almost looks like a painting! I love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool mural! Looks like you're going to have a new shop to open very soon :)

    ReplyDelete