Sunday, May 6, 2012

Not Street

It's an alleyway not a street. Looking down towards Wharf Street from above on Fore Street, we see shadows, fire escapes and lots of bricks. It's early morning in the city. Not many inhabitants are stirring. It's a Sunday, that day of rest. The sun is pretty active, a few stray cats too, but that's about it for now. To be alone is a nice place to be. Now, don't get the wrong idea. I'm not a loner. I'm not a hermit. I don't think I'd do very well in solitary confinement. However, my sister  did dub my third floor bedroom growing up, with the orange, batik curtain covering the window, the monastery. I know what you're thinking. I will pass this along right away... she never heard any monastic chants coming from above her room.

14 comments:

  1. No, but maybe some other kinds of chants.....

    (Don't ask me how I know...) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love some solitary time. Although I wouldn't do well on my own 100% of the time, it's nice to get away sometimes. Love this alley scene. Looks calm and quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess...I have the same feeling!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  4. One need not be a hermit to enjoy a little solitary time. Great shot. Love the interplay of the light and shadow on the brick.

    Darryl and Ruth :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm now looking for fire escapes after seeing your last few posts. I'll have to hunt for them because they've all but disappeared where I normally pass by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the perspective of the shot here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think an early morning walk along here would be quite pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the calm, people-less moments of early morning myself. I am differently not a crowd person :^)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Being alone and being lonely. Two very different things. I have always been lonelier in the city, than the countryside.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like my solitary time. It helps me recharge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks fab when you enlarge it Birdman, lots of shadows and red brick,excellent combination.

    ReplyDelete