Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Chair Pile

What's going on here? I had to stop and take a closer look. Had there been a fire? Were they having a sale? Was the restaurant being redesigned? This scene, outside of Otto's Pizza, piqued my curiosity. This pizza joint is new to the city. If you like your pies a bit more than the cheese and pepperoni variety, then this place with choices like: apple bacon and red onion, spicy pork with scallion and herb, pulled pork and mango or zucchini, summer squash and spinach might pull you in. Enough of the menu, I  just know you want this mystery ended. Why the pile of chairs blocking the sidewalk on this sunny morning? Answer? They were having their floor sanded in preparation for a couple of coats of polyurethane. By the way, that reminds me, I've got a kitchen floor that needs some attention. Guilt trip!





19 comments:

  1. Fabulous find for your photographic enjoyment, Birdman. Thanks for getting it and finding out the reason for the chair pile, then sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Otto's pizza menu sounds inviting. And, by the looks of the chairs, the interior must be colorful and inviting, tool

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would pop in if I lived nearby. I don't order pizza over the phone these days. Too complicated. Thanks for explaining about the chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mango, spinach, and squash have no business any where near a pizza in my humble opinion. Ah well, different strokes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to get these little reminders to keep us on track.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The menu would indeed pull me in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please be seated! In one of those red chairs. You're gonna need to be sitting down 'cause I have a story to tell you about a man who let his kitchen floor go for too long! You know what happened, I'm sure. His kitchen floor suddenly and without warning turned into his basement floor.

    So, hie thyself to thy home and repair said floor at once.

    And learn how to spell. My gosh, it's "monster" not "munster"! Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i need a cleaning crew to come in and do my floor, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pizza with mango? I guess Otto is the name of the cook there...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chair display also a good advertisement: you've now alerted many, many others to this intriguing place!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Birdman -- It is a good way to get the attention of the town. Set the chairs out on the sidewalk and it becomes the talk of the town. -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  12. GREAT!

    Now I'm hungry again. LOL


    Sorry for the loud music on my post today!
    Won't happen again ;-{

    Aloha from Waikiki
    Comfort Spiral
    <(-'.'-)>

    > < } } ( ° >

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kinda looks like the sheriff came around to execute the eviction. I think I'm pass on pizza when I'm dining in Portland Saturday night. Leaning toward Bodi at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like Spring cleaning at my place.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooooh, Mr. Bird, you do floors? Do you hire out?

    Really love the red chairs here...

    Bises,
    Genie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh no! you guilted yourself Birdman, that's the worst kind of 'trip'!!

    ReplyDelete