Thursday, August 29, 2013

Timely Tie

I call it timely for a reason. It's one of my favorite ties. Yet, I've only donned it twice in my life. You might ask the question why at this point. Then again, you might not even care. I like tradition. I value poignant moments, so let me share.   I usually go with a full Windsor, taught to me by my father, and I did that day April 19, 1975, the day Elenka took my hand in marriage. Dad always told me marrying her was the most important day in my life. He was seer on that point. My response to him that afternoon was, "I know, I know." But I really didn't. I was just mouthing the words for him. I know now! Later, the birth of a son even trumped this day. On that day in April, I wore an off-white suit, in maybe a bit of homage to John Lennon. I really don't know what I was thinking, really. Last February, I tied it on for only the second time, almost 38 years to the day. It's a great tie with scantily clad young ladies dancing to and fro. Don't hurt your eyes getting too close to the page. Lowell. They were strategically covered up for my day in the trenches.
I'll probably sport it again soon. It'll be a special day though. That's for sure.
I'll 'tie one on' with the Windsor family, just for Dad.

14 comments:

  1. Yeah, you bought the entire outfit at Josephs in the Old Port. It was awesome.
    You were the handsomest man I ever saw.
    Still are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who has clothing that dates back to the 70's. It's a lovely tie. You and Elenka were married on my mother's birthday. It's nice to know that lots of celebrating went on that day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You all are so romantic...Your outfit suggests celebrating Golden Moments in Life...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it when men give importance to events and get well dressed for those special days. So classic, smart, and beautiful; Elenka is a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet post! You & Elenka are lucky!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a great tie.
    I like to have special clothes for special occasions.
    We all need more romance in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not following all of this, Birdman. But, I agree that it is a fine tie and also a nice jacket. Then again, I don't know what happened in February or what is coming up soon. A retirement? Hey, you will tell us if you want and you won't if you don't.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a charming story. You know, I think you've become the Samuel Pepys of CDP.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fine post, Birdman, with an excellent photo accompanying it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very lovely. Everything about this is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're funny! It's a nice tie but it's not "fifty shades of grey"!

    BTW I'm taking a break for awhile. Be good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Let's hear it for tradition and the occasions when you can tie one on!

    ReplyDelete