Saturday, November 28, 2009

Gone South

A lot of my fine feathered friends have headed to warmer climes already. There are times I think I should follow them down, but not this upcoming month. December: it's one of my favorites. I just remembered. I've got to get myself an advent calendar for our fridge. I've opened those little doors with excitement throughout the years with my brother and sisters, then with my wife and finally these last 23 years with my wife and son. I'm addicted! Nativity scenes? Santa's workshop? Wildlife? I'll go with anything but one with chocolate. I guess I'm a traditionalist when it comes to these. As the month comes to a close, enjoy my all time favorite turkey leftover... a couple of thick, white turkey breast slices, lettuce, bread and plenty of MAYO!

3 comments:

  1. I forgot about the chocolate Advent Calendar....thanks for reminding me. I thought that was a pretty good idea, myself. It just didn't have enough chocolate in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's got to be dark chocolate to be worth eating and they never put dark chocolate in the advent calendars. That sandwich sounds perfect, Birdman. Make one for me, too. Want to meet at Bull Feeneys, 6:00, on Friday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure... we'll meet you at the bar at 6.

    ReplyDelete