Thursday, November 5, 2009

Town Library

"I find television very educational. When someone turns it on, I go in the other room and read a book."
-Groucho Marx

In these days of the economic pinch a lot of libraries find themselves in dire straits. Some are closing altogether, while many are shortening their days and hours. A pretty sad state of affairs, I'd say. This is the West Buxton Library which overlooks the Saco River in a beautiful spot on the River Road near the dam. The Library's home is the former District #12 Schoolhouse (circa 1853) in the West Buxton village area.
*note: Flakes are falling outside my kitchen window... 11/5 @6:31 AM. Let the 'fun' begin!

3 comments:

  1. I guess this library is still open then? It's a beautiful building.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not have a TV, but I have a fireplace which burns wood every night so that is my nightly movie. The firepace is mesmerising, ever-changing, and there is no remote control. Hey birdy, I love the pictures of the old one room school Houses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are a doomed civilization, I fear, if we forget the importance of public libraries.

    ReplyDelete