Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Stones

Just around the corner from our house, there is an old dilapidated farmhouse that has fallen into a state of disrepair. If my memory serves me on this one, I don't think it's been inhabited for the last 20 years or so. In the early eighties there were two greenhouses along side that were open for annuals and seedlings sales in the spring. But over the years, the roofs on both have fallen in. A stone wall, that I'm envious of, fronts the road, along with three pretty good size maples. There are stone steps and walkway that leads to the front door. I'm sure it was a quaint farmhouse in its time. On the way to work each day, my eye is pulled towards this site. I hope someday, someone will bring this property back to its grandeur. It could be a stunner!

3 comments:

  1. You give us the stone wall and describe the rest. Perhaps each of us will have a different image in our heads but each of us who looks at the photograph and reads the commentary will create our own version of the farmhouse. Thanks, Birdman. How about Friday evening?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the light above the rocks looks like a ghost, or a dream

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sunlight along the grass at the top of the wall. The place may have been forgotten by everyone but you and the light that still lays tenderly on it, but now you've shared it with us. For that I thank you.

    ReplyDelete