Friday, November 13, 2009

Mural 1

If you're in a Free Street parking lot, just down from the Cumberland County Civic Center and maybe new to the city, you might be taken aback by this eye-catching sight. It's a large mural on the side of the building. It seems to be some sort of blue print that's in the process of peeling off. It's there just matter of factly. There are a few of these sprinkled about buildings in the city. I won't say it takes the sting out of forking over $5-$10 for parking, but a least it'll give ya chuckle or two as you're heading up to take in a Portland Pirates hockey game or the latest Disney on Ice extravaganza. I'll be moving some wood in showers this weekend and collecting my birdhouses before the snow flies. I wonder what it'll be like in Orlando? Hmmmmmmmmm!

3 comments:

  1. I used to walk this way just to see this trompe l'oeil blueprint curling up to reveal the building it designed. You've caught it well, Birdman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure that someone in Orlando will be enjoying sunny skies, warm breezes, and drinks with umbrellas! I must admit that I'm a bit envious. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. No drinks with umbrellas......YET. Only 75 degrees today. I'll work on the drinks. Sunny skies all over the place.
    Rocket will be launched on Monday, at the exact time I have to leave for the airport. I hope I see it!!!!

    ReplyDelete