Saturday, November 14, 2009

Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow

As my younger sister likes to say, "let's get motivated"! Here's an interesting placard found in the Old Port this week. It is bright, eye-catching and filled with a bit of the 'good, the bad and the ugly'. Look closely and you'll spy a piece of the past, something for today and a look down the road a ways. Pretty symbolic of our lives, as a matter of fact. We think, most days, we've got a pretty good handle on the today-- some people even make lists, to secure happiness. In my life I feel that the past is the rudder that steers me towards my goals, helps me push on when life starts closing in. I don't want to read 'yesterday's papers', but I might take a look at the photos and clippings I've saved. The tomorrow? Just roll the dice! It's really out of our control anyway. Make a plan, keep to the plan, plan for the unexpected... tomorrow never knows. Motivate yourself!
*ps. with apologies to Bratcat... I will not be attending the 'Kittens Ablaze' concert!

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps you're going to Ceno's instead? This is a great 'collage of the arts'. I love posting boards for all the different colors, images and type faces. Each is a curious graphic expression trying to distill an event into a single word/text image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its almost art :-)
    I also don't like old news !!
    It looks very friendly your collage .....

    (I am a friend from Brattcat)

    Have a wonderful weekend
    greetings
    Anya :)

    ReplyDelete