Friday, January 28, 2011

Plowin' Along

These days, I like to pride myself in trying not to be in a rush for many things. I like the world to come to me. However, the other day I thought I had plenty of time to get from home into the city for an afternoon doctor's appointment. And I would have too, had I not run into these two plows near Stroudwater. I followed them to just beyond these two Mobil signs. Needless to say, I was was late on arrival. As I stepped off the elevator(15 minutes late), I heard the secretary on her phone utter these words. "Your 2:45 has arrived!" Ah, the best laid plans...

14 comments:

  1. I'm so glad we do not have snow on top of high tourist/snowbird season right now. I'd be late for everything! I certainly hope you were practicing safe photography-driving when this was taken. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. In this weather, I think 15 minutes late counts as on-time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the aggravation of being late didn't raise your blood pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for reminding me why I'm out of the snow . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah well... better a few minutes late than in a hospital b/c of a car accident. I think people should be understanding when you have weather like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny how we think we leave in plenty of time and circumstances create lateness. Great post Birdman.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's difficult to drive with all those snow!
    Take care!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maine and Minnesota are both quite snowy these days! The "Norway Savings" sign in your photo caught my eye.....Any Vikings working there?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would probably have been much later than 15 minutes if I had to drive in that mess!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whew...this snow is looking like a bit too much to me! At least you made it safely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good plan. Be careful out there. Nice shot too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. For you it is snow, for me it is flash floods ... Take care !

    ReplyDelete