Saturday, January 31, 2015

Dog Day

Bow Wow Wow!
"I've been a bad puppy.
I can't come out and play today."

How much for this doggie in the window? Maybe it was bring your pooch to work day here. VIA, in our old Portland Public Library, might be one of these new places filled with millennials that encourages bringing your canine companion to work each and every day to improve the work environment. I hung around about 10 minutes watching the snow fall, and he watching me. His expression never changed. Kind of sad. I think he really wanted to run down the stairs, get outside and frolic in the falling whiteness. Maybe that expression is more of a confused stare. You see he might have heard, as I did yesterday, that the state is considering selecting a state dog, and that his canine cousin, the Labrador Retriever, might have the inside track.
A state dog?
Really?
Jealous of the Maine Coon Cat?
Really?

20 comments:

  1. I suppose if they can have state birds (Washington: gold finch), flowers, and such dogs can't be far behind. And since they use labs in the LL Bean catalogs, well, that must make them a Maine shoo in, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much is that doggie in the window? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A state dog? It sounds so Italian...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the sweetest face, well done to spot him up there Birdman :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet face but, I agree it does look like he's wishing he were outside. A state dog......really?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. I'd vote for a state dog. In the past dogs have been surpassed for greatness by birds, flowers and other types of state recognitions. Hurrah for dog recognition. -- barbara

      Delete
    2. I'd vote for a state dog. In the past dogs have been surpassed for greatness by birds, flowers and other types of state recognitions. Hurrah for dog recognition. -- barbara

      Delete
  7. I don't know what his thoughts are, if any. But I love this picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dogs do like t go out to play in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A state dog? Then they'll need a state cat too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the way you wove your thoughts around your sweet image of this cute little guy. Who knew that he could evoke such creativity. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Little guy in a grand building...I remember that building from the days when it was the art school library...after PPL...

    ReplyDelete
  12. So, the Maine legislature doesn't have anything better to do?

    ReplyDelete