Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Gulls on Glass

Recently, I took a early morning spin through Payson Park, just off Baxter Boulevard in the city. It got me to reminiscing about days 'lost' on my JC Higgins(bike) hanging out here. The park's a neat place. It provides entertainment through summer, fall, winter and spring with tennis, baseball fields, basketball courts, areas for skateboarding, and roller blading. It has a great hill for sledding, and this pond is ideal for skating with friends or ice hockey with your buddies. I did both. During June and July, my brother and I spent quite a few summer evenings playing for our respective Babe Ruth Baseball teams on the field here. If I remember correctly, all the teams, at the time, were named after birds. We wore the colors of the Jays(blue) and the Eagles(purple). My favorite recollection, though, was of the many days, lunch in a paperbag, my friends and I took our bikes on sojourns to the park and the 'world' of the boulevard beyond.

5 comments:

  1. A great title for this winter-wonderland shot, Birdman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty shot. Hopefully though, it will be the end of ice and snow for these little birds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! suitable for framing, sublime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is something to be said for living in the same place for a long time. My granddaughters are the fourth generation to grow up in the same small Oklahoma town. (not Tulsa)

    ReplyDelete