Sunday, March 21, 2010

Park Cannon

Here on Munjoy Hill this cannon looks to be protecting the houses on the hill, and its history would tell you that's not far from wrong. These homes, overlooking Casco Bay, are some of my favorites in the city. This one is a house I'd love to live in. What views! Unlike a lot of people, I kill time up here near Fort Allen Park often. I get immense pleasure traveling some of these back streets, that as a kid I just remember viewing fleetingly out a bus window. But I do recall them even today.

8 comments:

  1. I can see why you love this area; it's beautiful! The colours in the photo are warm and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Birdman, This looks so peaceful and photogenic, its a place that I would love to live in too.
    Thanks for your visit and kind comment on my window of St Ives, its a wonderful place to stay in.
    The Air and Light attracts Artists and Photographers - best time of the year is out of season of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This old house looks very much like our local museum piece, "Spitler House," operated by the Brookville Historical Society. I don't think it is as nice as your fine house but it is the only example in the Queen Anne style anywhere in this area.

    You can see that one here.

    http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu223/oldmanlincoln/Brookville%20Ohio/spitler_house.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder how many times we passed each other on the Prom and perhaps even nodded and said hello.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great color and angle to incorporate a few subjects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great composition, the colors are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And the house to the right is important to ME! Nice photo.

    ReplyDelete