Monday, June 23, 2014

Spigot

I don't know about you, but I for one have a lot of trouble turning things off and on. Doing most things in life on a whim ain't my game. Being impulsive left and right seems to get me nothing but trouble. But then again, tossing and turning, so to speak, over some large or small decision leads me to mostly frustration. Take for example a purchase of an item of clothing. If it's something I really want, but not need, I might go back and forth with it in my mind, weigh the pros and  cons, but buy it and feel fine. After a day or so, the relative 'pain' is gone, and I'll even find myself chuckling and wondering why all the back and forth. In my world, I can do a lot of rationalization, but desire most often is the trump card.
You see, I lead no life of whimsy really.
Example time: I want a Jag in my driveway.
However, when I come right done to it, I don't really want a Jag.
Am I making sense?
Some mornings, I feel I'm just writin' words.

13 comments:

  1. Just don't forget to turn off the spigot when your done, I can almost hear someone saying as I ruminate. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Jag in the driveway sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i kind of do the same thing on purchases. if i continue to think about it, i go back and get it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yup, you made sense - scary, ain't it?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd rather have a Jeep in the driveway myself...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a spigot full of nonsense. Who wouldn't want a Jag in his/her driveway. But, why stop there? Why not a Rolls Royce? Or maybe a new Harley Hog. Think how much fun THAT would be to ride down to Florida next summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really...Wouldn't it bother the heck out of you to have a bird poop on your Jag in the driveway? And anyway, do they sell the right shade of green to go with your kilt?

    ReplyDelete
  8. As for me....I'll just take a nice, new Caddy. Two seater, sunroof, shiny black.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfectly understandable, ayuh. But me, I don't like to dither.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Words, words, words. . ." Shakespeare's Hamlet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't talk to me about back and forth Birdman, I'm a Libra.. indecision is my main thing :)

    ReplyDelete