Friday, May 29, 2015

Writing Solice

Writing is good for the soul.

Sort of an ode to a writing teacher... I wish I had discovered this fact 'of nourishment' long before my adult years. It would have saved me lots of aggravation and tears in preparation for Mrs. Kibler's Monday morning English class in room 210. Man, don't I wish I could have hidden that woman's red ink pens! I wrote in blue. She chose red. Why was it that when I got my paper back there seemed to be more red than blue on it? This could have been me in 7th Grade. Big difference. He's writing; I was struggling. Getting your thoughts from your brain to the tip of that pencil, pen or keypad is not easy. It seemed to come in ebbs and flows for me. Yet, even on Sunday nights, with lots of Mom's encouragement, the blue lines got filled neatly after a recopy.
That Sunday night grind always got completed, amazingly so.
It was in the books.
Always, Sunday nights I slept soundly.
Thanks to Kibler!

15 comments:

  1. It's always good to have that satisfied feeling from a job well done. But writing at any age and at any time is hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved english and writing classes. i was always happy when there were essay questions on any test for any subject. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always thought shouting in red ink is both unnecessary and rude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always thought shouting in red ink is both unnecessary and rude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being a left hander, it was easy to smudge pen ink on my hand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't remember having a writing class. Not saying there wasn't. I'm just saying I don't remember it if there was. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You seem to have no problem writing now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hard work and determination pay off, as you're well aware. All of us who enjoy your photos and your text certainly realize that every time we come to your blog. Thanks to Kibler!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judging from your posts, I'd say you've got a novel in you somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Birdman, just keep writing. You are doing fine, and those of us who read you regularly have no red ink.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's rare to see someone young with pen and paper around here they are writing or typing on their tablets.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I lost my message. Writing is messy, but, oh, it is so much fun after it is finished and looks so great on the paper! (PS. I will be posting and commenting sporadically for awhile; I need to take care of some medical issues first, which leaves me little time to blog.) Have a good week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks to Kibler and thanks to your Mom! Without that kind of encouragement it certainly is even more of a struggle for young folks, no matter what the medium! Typing & cut & copy certainly change the process of writing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been told that I have a gift of gab. Generally it's the wife saying...let's go or these people have more to do than to listen to you. My problem is that I could never get the brain connection of brain to mouth to brain to hand holding a writing tool. I would have been so nice to have put all those words on the paper from at least one tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Gift of gab'...that's nice. My friends just tell me to shut up already!

      Delete