Thursday, January 28, 2010

Cattails in Snow

Caught in an early morning snow fall, these cattails hang tough along a country roadside. Growing up skating on all of Evergreen's ponds, the day often ended in a 'sword fight' along the cemetery's many snow covered pathways. With our skates around our necks, we'd all grab the largest cattails we could find and attempt to do our best impression of Robin Hood or Sir Lancelot with our creative swords. It was great fun! On the recovery front--- yesterday I had a liter of fluid removed from my chest cavity, that was causing some shortness of breath. I feel a lot better now.

6 comments:

  1. Good. The attic needs cleaning the the cellar needs work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm from the thumbnail I thought this was cotton candy, lol! ;-)
    Loved yesterday's gorgeous photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! I would never have pictured cattails with snow on them. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wasn't beer they drained out, was it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta love Elenka's comment---or not? I KNOW you're feeling better or she wouldn't have posted that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I love Elenka's comment to. Hey hup ... get to it!

    ReplyDelete