Saturday, October 12, 2013

Sale

Finally!
After a couple of weeks' delay, it happened. We finally got our crap together and had our yard sale last weekend. No big deal. We approached the 3 digit profit line however, and what's more, we moved some of the clutter from our two attics and garage. Don't worry though. Now that  we've made some space, Elenka and I will start collecting new stuff this weekend. As you can see by the prices, everything was priced to move. By 4 PM, most of the items that were not sold were moved to the street with an accompanied FREE sign. Monday evening, we loaded my SUV for Goodwill or packed the rest at the bottom of the driveway, if deemed 'trash-worthy'.
Beep, beep, beep... trash truck, Tuesday AM.
Story over.
$98.10.

12 comments:

  1. Birdman is that license plate in the garage on the auction block? Or I will swap you an OLD FOX plate from NY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty things. Sorry I missed your garage sale. I wish the idea would catch on here in Israel.
    Enjoy your new free space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, starting again. I would have bought the wreath & I think I would have had fun chatting with you all...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't imagine you didn't sell everything at those prices! I used to like garage sales. I don't like 'em anymore. Too old to haggle, methinks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lots of work! glad you got some space freed up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you certainly had a lot of interesting things to sell.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a pretty good take for stuff you don't use anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did it the way I have done garage sales. The objective is to price it so that it GOES. I ran out of time this year, but NEXT year there will be a big garage sale here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your prices were VERY low -- bargains galore. I would've probably reached for the duck and chicken baskets . . . xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would have jumped on that Red one.

    ReplyDelete