Thursday, September 18, 2014

Beading Tears

Rain, rain go away!
This candy-apple red SUV was parked at a local doctor's office yesterday. It certainly has a good wax job compared to my Envoy. Mine didn't bead up at all. It just looked wet in the morning shower.

Love the Stones. Always have; always will. "As Tears Go By" is certainly one of my all time favorite songs. If you have the time, play this link and take a look at all their stills from the Sixties music scene. My parents were afraid of these guys in their matching suits? Good Grief! These guys were fashionistas before the word existed. I wanted to dress just like them. Wear those suits, wide-collared shirts, tight pants and the 'sharp' sweaters. 
I liked sports, but my heroes didn't exist on playing fields.
I looked up to guys lugging guitar and wearing great clothes.
The British Invasion of the Sixties brought music and fashion to America.
I was there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQlmywY_qEM

14 comments:

  1. Some say there are 2 kinds of people : those who love Stones , and those who love Beatles :o)
    I've to admit I prefer Beatles .. :o)

    But I like this picture very much !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen the live once in Gothenburg, great band.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the stones, can't say i'm a die hard fan but i do like some of their music. i remember when they came out with some new stuff back in the 80's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my car wouldn't bead. i'd just get a few rivers pushed through the scads of country dust.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a fan of either, really, though I can respect their place and impact in music history.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just finished watching the video - Fab! They look like babies in some of those pics - so young.
    Takes me back to ironing my hair to make it straight and wearing gobs of eyeliner & mascara! Those were the best of times!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now THAT is a clean and shiny car -- love the way you combine that new, shiny, beaded surface with a throwback to the rockin' Stones . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those were the days...let's spend the night together...!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that shot of the water on the car. Mine wouldn't look like that either. I like the Stones too, but the Beatles will always be my favorite. When I went to London a couple of months ago, my daughter took a pic of me crossing Abbey Road. Not only did I cross the road, but I crossed doing that off of my bucket list too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Honda is caked in grime. I don't care.

    We're about the same age. I had great opportunities in NYC - Beatles at Shea Stadium, Fillmore East, Woodstock. I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rain is good; ice and snow aren't!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love The Rolling Stones music too Birdman, but I wish they'd give up touring, they look a little like the walking dead on stage these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous image. I like to photograph rain, from the comfort of cosy indoors. Beatles vs Stones, seemed to be my parents generation issue, bit for me a big fan of both.

    ReplyDelete