Thursday, April 15, 2010

Tackle Shop

For 'all things fishing in Maine and beyond', you probably should venture down to 61 India Street and hit the Tackle Shop. You might be disappointed though. You won't run into me! As you might remember, I've ranted long and hard about my distaste for the activities of fishing and bowling. Sports? I think not! What is a sport anyway? Example-- is NASCAR a sport? Sitting in a car for 4 hours or more, does that do it? My wife has driven to NJ and her sister's home plenty of times, 6 1/2 hours plus depending on traffic, but even she doesn't consider herself an athlete. So today, 'tackle' this one-- just what is needed for an activity to be considered a 'sport'. I never find it easy!

7 comments:

  1. HOLD YOUR HORSES, there bub. What do you mean I don't consider myself an athlete for driving the New Jersey?? I consider myself an athlete in the most extreme sport I do, going to Jersey. Come on now, you've been with me. There's no greater endurance, you hear me huffing and puffing after 30 minutes!
    (I don't like driving.....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elenka-
    I remember when -I- drove to Maine by himself from Fl-in one 24 hour period. People called him crazy- He wore sunglasses day and night!!But he made it! If driving ain't a sport, what is???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not going to take the bait on this one, Birdman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, sport, you opened a can of worms on this post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say it has to involve physical effort, first of all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'll stay out of this! It's a cute little building though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The questions that have no answers.

    ReplyDelete