Monday, January 5, 2009

Wilde Chapel

This is the Samuel Wilde Memorial Chapel in Evergreen Cemetery. Lots of memories here! I spent many a day in my youth on 'adventures' in these beautiful and tranquil 239 acres. Bike riding, forever it seemed, on summer evenings, ice skating on the ponds in the winter months, and I even remember a misadventure of 'cemetery golf' among the stones. Later, in high school and beyond(parts of 8 summers), I worked for the City of Portland mowing lawns, trimming hedges and cleaning gravestones. Even today, when I get a chance, I take a turn and travel the many dirt roads. It truly is a wonderous place.

3 comments:

  1. OOOO, Mark, I remember many, many great times in Evergreen Cemetery....you and I.....sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to look at Old Churches! You captured this one beautifully. Thanks for sharing all your work with us! I enjoy looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is beautiful! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete