Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Cluttered branches

As you can see by this recent photo, spring really hasn't burst around here yet. It's really difficult to find any budding breaking out. It's coming, but still seems delayed. I noticed yesterday on the news that Hadlock Field is cleared of snow and ready for the Portland Seadogs home opener tomorrow. Portland currently has a lot less snow cover than in my backyard this morning. I get a kick each year when they interview Seadog players from 'away' about playing, the game they love, in April in Maine. I attended a home opener  of the 'Dogs back somewhere in the 90's. It was some cold, brother. I passed on a delicious Seabiscuit though, the frozen ice cream sandwich, that I seem to always sample attending a game on a July evening. Even though we were dressed for winter, we vacated our seats in the seventh inning... Frozen!
See, I experienced the newest Disney movie long before it hit the theaters this past year.
FROZEN... solid.

10 comments:

  1. Same here, nothing going green just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When the start, the buds will be popping out all over; hope it's soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tree is soooo close to budding Birdman, I bet the next time you look at it you will be surprised!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A covered dome comes in handy at this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That tree could strangle a careless squirrel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a tangle of tree branches!

    Here I've been looking for buds on trees, but nothing yet. The birds seem more vocal though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to try and bring a little NC warmth when I return to ME next week. Hope it works . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cold for baseball, in my book! lol

    ReplyDelete