Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Rockers

They say rockers are out.
As far as I'm concerned, they will always  be in.
As a matter of fact, the last time we were at the Jetport here in Portland I waited in a great white rocker. There are probably 20 or so sprinkled around the waiting areas. Also, given the choice of a chair or a rocker for my retirement with a nice plaque attached, I opted for the rocker. In my book, you can't go wrong settling for a good rocking chair. I grew up with one in the kitchen next to the wood stove, and these days there are a couple rocking in our home. Sitting in the sun on this porch only adds to the pleasurable experience.

16 comments:

  1. my sis has been after me to get a rocker or swing here. she can't seem to sit still when she visits and hates that all my chairs outside are 'hard-wired'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one and like them too! Maybe we have a kind of nostalgy of our baby time ?..

    ReplyDelete
  3. For anxiety prone people such as myself, rockers are a godsend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hartford's Bradley International has similar rockers. I like sitting there when I wait for a flight, too. Maybe it is because I read aloud from a rocker several hours a day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those rockers! And more and more airports are including them . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always loved rocking chairs. These are very appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Porches were meant for rocking chairs, especially here in the South.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who says they are out? I have two rockers on my porch in CT and they get a good workout. Charlotte airport must have 100 white rockers scattered around and people battle to get a seat in them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen, I'll take a rocking chair any day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No easy chairs here...but 3 rockers...Whose porch is that?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too love rockers. My favorite one is the one I bought from an Amish man named Yoder that makes them in his Michigan farm shed. -- barbara -- FOLKWAYS NOTEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rocking chairs should be in every home!! Love seeing them lined up on porches.

    ReplyDelete