Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Theme Day: Triangles

Today, April 1, 2014 is Theme Day across the CDP (citydailyphoto) community. Sometimes things just fall into your lap. J's sculpture "Rusted Triangles" made it into the spring USM juried art show. About two weeks ago, I'm wondering what  the heck am I going to have for a photograph for April. I had some pretty weak ideas: photographing in math books, a Pink Floyd album cover, a folded American flag. What was I going to do? Then I recalled that sculpture that I 'lived' with off an on in the house last spring, as it reached its completion. It has lots of triangles with an unusual rust finish that is not a glaze. It gives the appearance of rusty metal, but it's ceramic.
His professors loved it.
The judges admired it and talked to him at length about what he had done.
Even this Dad can be impressed with art.

19 comments:

  1. Nice ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral

    =^..^= <3 on the theme


    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral

    =^..^= <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done!

    Nothing fell into my lap for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks kind of like a mad bird, Birdman. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's my boy! So proud of his work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever to find triangles in an art gallery! Now why didn't I think of that?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be proud. It's very nice. Sure looks like rust but probably more ceramic up close! Sounds like your family overflows with talent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! It's perfect for theme day. So, you are a family full of artists, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I like. Suggests a figurehead . . . an Easter-Island-like figure . . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. It certainly doesn't look like a ceramic. It's a fascinating sculpture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good one! That is quite an accomplishment to fire a pice that size and have it survive. Talented family indeed!
    My Jays didn't do too well yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! I have an artist in my family too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is quite a nice piece. It doesn't look like a student's artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Splendid contribution to the theme, and a fine piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fab Birdman.. A triangle with personal connections, perfect.

    ReplyDelete