Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Backyard Sky

Yesterday afternoon the skies out back ended in a watercolor wash. I hate to cut a tree, but somethings in life need to be done for the greater good. I took down the large spruce last weekend that was right against the front of our home and beginning to do damage to the roof. When we moved in back in '77, the tree was about an 8 footer. When it hit the driveway Saturday, and was tackled by two chainsaws, it had reached the height of about forty feet. The last few afternoons I've been busy moving the remnants up back. When I was done yesterday, looked up over the back treeline and there it was filling up my world. A simple backdrop, but so magnificent-- even the camera couldn't do it justice.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I know those stunning Portland sunrises and sunsets so well. I would imagine, Birdman, that you, too, have grown 32 metaphorical feet in the 32 years you've been in that house. Amazing journey, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete