Thursday, October 15, 2009

Elenka

She's my Jersey girl(on left), sis J- on right! Born in Newark raised in northern Jersey, but after a summer at Camp Huckins in NH and one trip to Naples, she was sold on Maine. Lucky me! We've been together almost ever since. This song, our song, just about sums it up for me. Happy Birthday Elenka!

Here, There And Everywhere
To lead a better life I need my love to be here...

Here, making each day of the year
Changing my life with the wave of her hand
Nobody can deny that there's something there

There, running my hands through her hair
Both of us thinking how good it can be
Someone is speaking but she doesn't know he's there

I want her everywhere and if she's beside me
I know I need never care
But to love her is to need her everywhere
Knowing that love is to share

Each one believing that love never dies
Watching her eyes and hoping I'm always there

I want her everywhere and if she's beside me
I know I need never care
But to love her is to need her everywhere
Knowing that love is to share

Each one believing that love never dies
Watching her eyes and hoping I'm always there

To be there and everywhere
Here, there and everywhere
Lennon/McCartney



7 comments:

  1. Thank you, my sweet birdman. I love you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Who is this, Elenka?" That's what I said to mom on one of my trips home.
    Well, she's the blonde bombshell who was sleeping in my bed.. sometimes on the weekends when I was away at college, that's who!!!
    The day Elenka came into ours lives, our lives changed overnight!! We are so lucky to have her! Happy Birthday, Elenka!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Dodododododo........they say it'is your birthday, Dahdahdahdahdahdah........Happy Birthday to Yah.....dodododododo...We're gonna have a party party.....so happy birth day to yah............

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just smiling and smiling. Hope you bake your treasure of a wife a yummy cake, Birdman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know I could get tears in my eyes this early in the morning. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Elenka! We knew something was up Birdman when you were dropped off by the mystery blonde in the hot red car 38 years ago. Wishing you a wonderful day Elenka. We love You!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful tribute to a wonderful birthday girl!

    ReplyDelete